Sunday, September 11, 2016

Got a letter to the editor published in the New York Daily News today 9/11/16 about 9/11/01 and it's aftermath.

Got letter to editor published in the New York Daily News today (9/11/16) about 9/11/01 and it's aftermath.
This is what appeared in paper," The 15th anniversary of 9/11 is upon us, haunting us like the ghost of Christmas past, for that fateful day I worked caddy corner to the World Trade Center and was ready to go to work, when for some reason, my smoke alarm went off, so I was late and avoided the mayhem. Was it the hand of providence giving me a warning? Who knows. But I think fate rules our lives. What struck me three weeks later as I returned to my place of work was the look on people's faces. There was grimness; people seemed like zombies. I had the feeling I was in Berlin in 1947.
There was the smell of rubber burning, like the smell of death. People looked at the ground, just stared with a sense of disbelief, the eerie feeling that maybe this was the end of the world. As time goes on, the memory isn't lost, but it is faded and one learns like is ephemeral and goes on and lives with the promise of a better day." 

No comments:

Post a Comment