Sunday, April 17, 2016

Western Civilization is under attack by the institutions it created.

I live in Fort Lee, New Jersey and go the liberty a lot, well in this Easter season they had exhibition of religious art. With in few days, the Board of Trustees order the painting down sighting a conflict with separation of church and state.
A friend of my ask me to write a letter to the editor, which I did it wasn't published. I try to fit letter with papers editorial defending the rights of Gays and Transgender people.
And have heard great universities like U.C.L.A not requiring English majors to take Shakespeare, but all students must tale diversity course, no doubt tell students spuriously  Western Civilization is bad and other cultures are more enlighten.
So this is what I wrote:" We live in a world upside down, were we glorified cultures that are hostile to Gays and Transgender people, just look at Pakistan and Iran, and our educational institutions are trying to eviscerate Western Civilization and it's so ironic because these institutions are produces of Western Civilization it's self, second Western Civilization embraces individuality, henceforth, making society far more tolerant of people who are Gay and Transgender.
Yet a few days ago, I saw this fear of honoring Western Civilization giving into the tyranny of the minority. For Fort Lee Library had a art exhibition of some religious paintings, I think it was very appropriate for Easter Season, and Easter is far more then a Christian holiday, for in a sense it give birth to idea of redemption, such key to the theme of Western Civilization.
Yet the Board of Trustee sore fit to take down those pictures in the name of separation of church and state. I guess nobody told them that Congress opens each session with pray and, indeed, the Fort Lee Library was closed on Good Friday.
By the way, some people might think I'm a pig for expressing such views, but that's not possible for I am Kosher. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment