Friday, November 15, 2013

Buffett buys 3 billion in Exxon stock.Soros buys Micosoft stock.Ackman buys Fannie and Freddie.

Warren Buffett,the wizard of Omaha,has just bought over third and half billion shares of Exxon.God bless him,for Exxon is my largest holding as of cash value,and second to Colgate(which recently has split).I bought in early 80's when oil was cheap(I think it went down to ten dollars a barrel)anyway Exxon was paying a ten percent yield on it's dividend.I can't believe my eyes,I thought something was wrong,either the company can't keep that payout dividend they must been paying out made in dividends than they were earning.Wrong! I found Exxon payout for it's dividend was less then 25 percent meaning dividend was secure and most likely they would raise if didn't have too much debt.I look that up and believe or not at that time Exxon had no debt,today they have debt but not much.So it winning I have made a lot from Exxon stock.
They last quarter profits were down,because of the refining operations and the price natural gas,Exxon bought XTO Energy,the nation largest natural gas producer,remains very low,so far XTO Energy purchase doesn't seem to work,however,it is fuel of future and rising demand in long run will raise prices.The good news is Exxon production of oil is on raise,also it's most efficient producer of big oil companies,they can make money on oil as low as 20 dollars a barrel.In recent years the industry has been upside down:traditionally the industry's profit center was upstream operations(exploration and production)but recent the downsteam operations(refining and marketing) is were money was made,indeed,two major oil companies have separated refining(spin it off) refining and upstream operations and there is talk Exxon would broke up into three companies.
George Soros has bought Microsoft stock,which I also own so I am happy camper.Like Exxon,Microsoft is cash cow and now it's beginning to paid healthy dividend.
Bill Ackman has just bought Fannie and Freddie becoming the second largest shareholder next to U.S government.Riskey business since politics will pay a part in future of Fannie and Freddie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment