Saturday, January 10, 2015

Arch Moore R.I.P

Back in nineteen seventies I went to college in WV at Shepherd College,it's now a University,it's located in Shepherdstown,a very nice small at least when I went to college which is more than 37 years ago.The governor for most of that time,was a Republican(in those days there were very few Republicans in West Virginia,indeed,the State Senate I think only had one Republican of 30 members,a big difference today now there are 18 Republican giving them a majority for first time since the nineteen twenties unfortunately for one of my best friends in college Ron Miller,who is State Senator in West Virginia today but is a Democrat,now when I knew Ropn he was a Republican)Arch Moore.He died 3 days ago at good age of 91 and saw his daughter Shelley Moore Capito sworn in as U.S Senator from WV.She first Republican to be elect to the U.S Senate from WV since the nineteen fifties.

No comments:

Post a Comment