Saturday, February 9, 2013

Some humor from President Wilson and the late Ed Koch

Last night I saw movie called Wilson(made in 1945) about President Woodrow Wilson.Didn't see much of the movie didn't think much it but President Wilson and I have something in common we both have dyslexia,well he had it he is long gone to the White House in the sky.
Wilson strike me and I think many many people as stein Presbyterian(indeed his father was Presbyterian minster) but Wilson had sense of humor.
I heard a story told by idiot,not really but in my opinion the worst governor in the state of New Jersey's history Brendan Byrne.While I don't think much of Brendan Byrne as Governor( for he introduce the state income tax) he is a man of great charm and writ,like so many of Irish.And he tells a story about Woodrow Wilson that is very amusing.When Wilson was Governor of New Jersey,he got phone about 3 in morning,the caller said," Judge Smith as die" Wilson reply,"oh,I'm very sad to hear that" then caller said," I'll like to replace him" Wilson then said," it's OK with me if it's OK with the undertaker." 
Three story from Ed Koch,from books he wrote:when he was distant leader in Greenwich Village,a constituent of his wanted the people living in apartment above throw out.So he went to Koch for want,Koch ask why? The constituent said he his got long hair.Koch stated lot a people have long hair today.Then the constituent said well he rides a motorcycle.Koch reply so what.Then constituent said,in the apartment? Koch said now your talking.
Second,when Koch was elected Mayor in 1977 Abe Beame's wife ask him if stay in Gracie Mansion.The conversation went like this:Mary Beame(Abe Beame's wife) said,Ed I wonder if we can stay a little longer at Gracie? Koch said,OK. Then Mrs.Beame ask Ed not to told Mr.Beame.In his book Koch found it curious that Mary Beame would call him Ed but her husband Mr.Beame.

No comments:

Post a Comment