Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowls I remember but not because of the game

The first Super Bowl I remember was first super Bowl back in 1967.It was legendary Green Bay Packers with Paul Hornung(who was very horny fellow so I am told) Jim Taylor and Barr Starr,a great team but I was fan AFL so want Kansas City to win,but they got routed.I don't remember anything about game but do remember watching with my father at his apartment,in the Bronx on the Grand Course,where he live still was nice,in those days the Bronx was changing and not for better,the apartment was those very common to New York white brick,well kept.Growing up,my relationship with my father was appointment like,my parents divorce in 1959,it was bitter divorce,spur on by the fact they had nothing common except being Jewish and being good looking and think there must have been physical attraction but otherwise so different people, yes both were like very  little spoil children who if they didn't get there way would cause havoc and I pay the price.
I saw see my father every Sunday,until I was high school or maybe little before just few years after he marry Goldie.She polite to me,I never know what she thought of me,suspect not much but honestly I don't know.But still in 1967 Dad was still part life,however,very distance,only on Sunday would I see.Before Goldie we go to many events but she come about less sports and more movies.But Super Bowl I watch in his apartment with on good chair on T.V. But soon our relationship maybe two or three would disintegrate I don't know why? Maybe mother told I don't want see him.Which wasn't truth what didn't want is be pawn in there wars which I was I wish know my father better,I wish I could tell him I didn't think ill of him.
Second Super Bowl of remember the Jets upset win over Colts.I was big Jet fan but couldn't watch because it was Jerry Franks Bar Mitzvah.We fellow game by going to bathroom with transistor radios at hand.When the Jets win Bill Schaeffer said the people in New York will go crazy.Bill Schaeffer was the father of my best friend Larry Schaeffer.Bill had been born in orphanage,dirt poor join the marines,saw combat in World War Two then marry hot looking Lee they had three Larry,my best friend,his little brother bobby and little sister Amy.Bill was printer,also lost his hand in press but sheer will he refuse to let them cut and save his hand but couldn't save his marry.Lee left him move in judge from Bronx and no body lived happy after,Larry went into Army,died young,maybe murder over domestic disturb,Bobby mother wrote in 1978 he left college and floundering but didn't know what happened to him,Amy last heard again in 1978 move to London.
The other two Super Bowls I remember were when I was living in Texas:first one was in 1981.I was living with my cousin Larry Schwartz,who didn't like,he was gone.I didn't know were but in his apartment alone the radio was on and what great perform Jim Plunkett did a super star he wasn't except at super bowl.
Living with cousin almost cost my life,he lived bad area and robbed at gun point was by Feb. of 1982 moved out to nice place in Houston and year I went to Super Bowl party,the only one I been to in Spring Texas.Don't remember much except seem to take forever and S.F 49 win.

No comments:

Post a Comment