Monday, May 13, 2013

Last Friday 5/10/13 I went to the Colgate-Palmolive shareholders meeting

Last Friday 5/10/13 I went to the Colgate-Palmolive shareholders meeting,it was held at Marriott,I think at Broadway and 45 St.,it's beautiful hotel huge,and I think when it was built it was the beginning of revitalization of Time Square area.Time Square area really has the purse of the city,so many people lots of tourist,many blonde's,fair skinned people,for some reason I think from Ohio,New York is dark skin city white but with Mediterranean in flavor,Italians,Jews(like myself) a lesser degree Greeks,we are people with a dark complexion with oily skin,a coastal people not from heart land.
Anyway,back to the Colgate-Palmolive meeting,in the past there were many Colgate people,mostly young ladies,shepherding you through to the escalators,but not this time, a person said for Colgate meeting six floor,they always rent a ballroom two stories on the sixth floor,this time I went in bubble elevator,stop at fifth floor but then pressed six,it was confusing.Some coffee before the meeting.C.E.O and Chairman Ian Cook presided. Mr Cook maybe because he's Englishman seem subdued, I always get a feeling the English don't like to show emotion,they don't like to lose there cool.
After Mr. Cook give his agenda of sorts,what's what with company there was a question and answer session with him.I decided to ask a question and also tell people I'm candidate for City Council(Fort Lee,New Jersey) in front of me were two children,a old grouchy old man(which might describe me too!) The kids went first,after I told them there did great job and when back to there seats give thumbs up to young men.The grouchy old before me went on and on but finally I got my turn.But before a young lady from Colgate give a paper writing down my name and address and question.The young lady ask me,is your name Schwartz? I said,that's what I'm been told.She laugh.Then she ask me to fill out part about question I ask Mr. Cook.I said,I can't because I have dyslexia and can't spell.
She said, no problem and told her I would about Venezuela devaluing it's currency hurting bottom line for Colgate and could same thing happen in Argentina?
The young lady induce me,said this is Gary Schwartz from Fort Lee.I went to microphone and said good morning Mr.Cook,I am Gary Schwartz from Fort Lee and I am running for City Council,that stir from crowd and the I ask question about Venezuela.Mr.Cook said reaction of people was in favorable to Colgate despite Venezuela and they were in Venezuela to stay as in Argentina,but do lot less business in Argentina. I thought Mr.Cook went on and on too long of answer seem to be rambling a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment