Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dark Side of the Moon and old friends from Shepherd Collage

Was listening to radio heard Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd.It reminded me of Shepherd Collage back in 1976 or 1977 when they planning get away sort Dark side of the moon adventure a lost weekend in sense.In student government Dave with sun glass was pushing the idea I was skeptical.I like Pink Floyd song about Education," teacher we don't need your education" I think it was the wall.
Shepherd College because of Internet two of my friend of have contracted: Ron Miller,who now is State Senator in West Virginia,he also Baptist minster(when he was in collage he said he wanted to be a minster and go seminary and he did-amazing for my experience few accomplish they dream,there ambitions when youth Miller did hats off to him)he also farmer,now when I knew his father owned John Deer dealership,indeed,after leaving Shepherd Miller work for father while,indeed,I will never it was 1978 spring Miller come from Greenbrier County he was a business suit,very unlike the Miller I knew) he ask if had eaten I hadn't Miller brought me lunch at Betty's,a restaurant it hamburger,Miller also has small business he set up places in county fairs and like and serves Italian,Italian food Miller I mean they ain't more WASP then.
My other friend was Richard Donovan,who while was chief financial office for West Virgina Office of Higher Education.They now have taken that position away Donovan my guess I mistake.Richard and Nick Taylor are so bright and yet there position in life can't match there ability,talent and brains.There are so many dummies in high position it just makes you wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment