Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I been working on the railroad or somebody has

I been working on the railroad or somebody has for seem to be boom in long forgotten industry.Indeed,today's "Wall Street Journal" has front page story with headline,"Boom Times on the Tracks:Rail Capacity Spending Soar." It seem demand for rail freight has created demand for rail equipment.In a way,it makes sense but there is kicker,the sense is dollar and cents rail is often much cheaper then truck with greater capacity the kicker is biggest product shipped by rail is coal and of course coal is losing stream to natural gas as source for electricity.I mean coal industry,which Obama hates,is hurting;however,railroads are regional oligopolies,for example in Eastern United States there mainly only two railroads:Norfolk Southern and CSX(I stock I own and like it's only one industries that believe is shareholder friendly,pays a nice dividend and price is right,in twenties largely because recently there was 3 to 1 split.I really like business model for Kansas City Southern(although I don't believe it's shareholder friendly company)it system spines up and down the Mississippi River and goes into Mexico and believe it's railway that operates both in U.S and Mexico.Also like is USX,although these are tough times for steel industry,I like few years they bought a steel company in Texas with railroad spur that lead to Mexico.
This morning on Bloomberg T.V was money manage who controls more 2 billion in funds and he recommend Ford(I think a good company and good stock buy for long term)he said very strong possible expansion in China and India for Ford.He didn't like the energy sector thinks oil will drop in price.
J.C Penney what mess,heard an analysis said it might not survive-Ron Johnson has screw up big why hired only god knows.I mean,ran Apple stores not same customers who go Penney the board must be make up of idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment